Dr. Emmanuel Moore Abolo
Dr Abolo holds a Ph.D degree in Econometrics from the University of Lagos and is a fellow of three professional institutes in Nigeria. He was awarded National Merit Award by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 1984.
He is a consummate professional with extensive experience in risk management, compliance, project management, strategy crafting and execution spanning over 13 years. He is a business development expert with ability to link risk to corporate strategy. He has equally covered the three critical areas of risk and beyond —Credit, Market and Operational risk with robust and vast knowledge of Basel II Implementation and the COSO framework. He is an international scholar, a respected and tested economist, a prolific writer with strong passion for value creation. His experience cuts across the academia, public and private sector as well as journalism.
He is a member of many professional bodies [NES, NESG, etc] and is currently the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer, Nigerian Export-Import Bank. Prior to this time, he was the Chief Economist & Head, Group Market Risk Management, Operational Risk Management, Anti-Fraud Officer, ERM Co-ordinator, Member, MCC, Project Manager-Basel II and Knowledge Manager all at Access Bank Plc.
He was one time Head, Operational Risk Management Group, Project Manager[ Basel II], Chief Economist, Head[ Strategy] all at First Bank of Nigeria Plc and has also worked in the following organisations: Coopers & Lybrand, National Centre for Economic Management and Administration, Credit Alliance Financial Services, Financial Post ,etc.
Dr. Abolo is also Council member, Gerson Lehrman Group; GRC Faculty member, Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria and Member, National Think Tank. He is equally listed among Africa’s finest minds in Risk Management by the World Bank.He is a Certified Compliance Officer[cco] obtained from the International Academy of Business & Financial Management as well as obtained the Certificate in Corporate Governance Practices by the George Washington University, USA.
Dr.Abolo is happily married with Children.
- 1995 to Date Who’s Who in the World (Marquis, USA)
- 1997 International Man of the Year (IBC, Cambridge, England)
- 1996/97 Men of Achievement in the World
- 1996/97 Who’s Who in Science & Engineering in the World (4th Edition) – Marquis, USA
- 1997 Dictionary of International Biography (IBC, Cambridge: England)
- Listed among Africa’s finest minds in risk management in the financial sector- a directory by the World Bank (WBI) to assist the African Union and NEPAD in thinking through continental development policies and programs
- Member, National Think Tank, Nigeria: 2007 to Date
- Bagged National Merit Award at UNILAG[Federal Government Scholarship) 1982-1984
Ph.D. (Economics) -Econometrics – 1994
University of Lagos, Lagos.
M.Sc. (Economics) – 1986
University of Lagos, Lagos
B.Sc. (Economics, 2nd Class Upper) – 1984
University of Lagos, Lagos
(Bagged National Merit award of the Federal Govt.)